Easter is a time of joy, hope, and renewal, and there are many ways to celebrate the holiday. One great way to get into the Easter spirit is by indulging in some Easter-themed entertainment. Whether you're looking for books, movies, or TV shows, there are plenty of options that can help you celebrate the season in style.
In this blog post, we'll take a closer look at some of the must-see Easter-themed books, movies, and TV shows that are sure to put a spring in your step this holiday season.
Books are a great way to get into the Easter spirit, whether you're looking for children's books, religious books, or fiction with an Easter theme. Here are some of our top picks:
- "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" by Beatrix Potter: This classic book tells the story of a mischievous rabbit who gets into trouble in Mr. McGregor's garden.
- "The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes" by DuBose Heyward: This heartwarming story tells the tale of a mother bunny who overcomes obstacles to become one of the Easter bunnies.
- "The Golden Egg Book" by Margaret Wise Brown: This beautifully illustrated book follows a little bunny as he discovers a magical golden egg.
- "The Easter Story" by Brian Wildsmith: This book tells the story of Easter in a way that is accessible to children, with stunning illustrations and simple language.
- "The Case for Easter" by Lee Strobel: This book provides a deeper understanding of the religious significance of Easter, with a focus on the historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus.
- "The Cross and the Switchblade" by David Wilkerson: This classic book tells the true story of a young preacher who goes to New York City to help troubled youth and drug addicts.
Fiction with an Easter Theme
- "The Easter Parade" by Richard Yates: This classic novel explores family relationships and the search for meaning in life through the story of two sisters growing up in New York City.
- "A Morbid Taste for Bones" by Ellis Peters: This mystery novel follows Brother Cadfael, a 12th-century monk who investigates a murder during the Easter season.
- "A Tale for the Time Being" by Ruth Ozeki: This novel explores themes of time, memory, and connection through the story of a Japanese girl and a Canadian writer who find their lives intertwined.
Movies are another great way to get into the Easter spirit, with options for the whole family. Here are some of our top picks:
- "Hop": This animated movie tells the story of E.B., the Easter Bunny's son, who wants to be a rock drummer instead of taking over the family business.
- "Rise of the Guardians": This movie features the Easter Bunny as one of the main characters, along with other beloved childhood characters like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- "The Passion of the Christ": This epic drama depicts the last 12 hours of Jesus' life, from his arrest in the Garden of Gethsemane to his crucifixion and burial.
- "Ben-Hur": This classic movie tells the story of a Jewish prince who is betrayed by his Roman friend and forced to become a galley slave, eventually finding redemption through his encounters with Jesus.
Classic Movies with an Easter Theme
- "Easter Parade": This classic musical stars Judy Garland and Fred Astaire and features some of Irving Berlin's most beloved songs, including "Easter Parade" and "Steppin' Out with My Baby."
- "The Ten Commandments": This epic film tells the story of Moses and the Hebrews' escape from slavery in Egypt, with an unforgettable portrayal of the parting of the Red Sea.
Easter-Themed TV Shows and Episodes
TV shows and episodes can also be a great source of Easter-themed entertainment. Here are some of our top picks:
Animated TV Shows
- "Peanuts": This classic cartoon features several Easter-themed episodes, including "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown."
- "VeggieTales": This animated series has several Easter-themed episodes that teach children about the holiday in a fun and engaging way.
- "Friends": This beloved sitcom has several Easter-themed episodes, including "The One with the Easter Bunny," in which Chandler dons a bunny suit to surprise his girlfriend.
- "The Office": This workplace comedy also has several Easter-themed episodes, including "Easter," in which the employees compete in an egg hunt.
- "Call the Midwife": This British period drama often has Easter storylines that explore the holiday's religious and social significance.
- "Downton Abbey": This award-winning series has several Easter-themed episodes that explore the lives of the aristocratic Crawley family and their staff.
These are just a few examples of the many Easter-themed books, movies, and TV shows that are available for your enjoyment this holiday season. By exploring these options, you can deepen your understanding and appreciation of the holiday while having fun and spending time with loved ones. Whether you're reading a book, watching a movie, or enjoying a TV show, there's something for everyone to enjoy this Easter season.
As you celebrate Easter this year, take some time to indulge in some of these Easter-themed books, movies, and TV shows. Not only will they help you get into the holiday spirit, but they'll also provide you with opportunities for reflection, inspiration, and entertainment. Happy Easter!